Senior Design Engineer
Position Description for Senior Design Engineer: To interface with customer on specifications and provide 3D models/simulations; develop and qualify new manufacturing processes; establish internal processes for new product assembly and direct process improvements; contribute to improve efficiency and activities of the Assembly department.
- Serve as lead engineer by supporting the design of new products for customers. Responsible for the on-time transition of products from design to manufacturing.
- Provide leadership in identifying novel manufacturing methods and techniques.
- Direct internal efforts to provide technical support for customers and resolve engineering problems involved in manufacturing parts
- Develop conceptual 3D models during project start-up and initiate BOM’s, ECN’s and production routings.
- Aid in the design and implementation of electromechanical assembly lines, including optimizing cellular layout.
Develop, evaluate and improve manufacturing methods to meet quality assurance standards.
- Implement cost reduction and process improvement projects throughout the business.
- Contribute to new work-holding and fixturing designs for complex machining and/or fabrications operations.
- BSME/IE, MS preferred.
- 7+ years of mechanical design experience required (preferably with sheet metal)
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Inventor 3D and optimizing the operating design via simulations (stress, deflection and motion). Digital prototyping experience is a plus.
- Experienced with initiating BOM’s, routings and ECN’s. PDM/PLM experience is preferred (configuration management of CAD files).
- Direct mechanical design experience for industrial/medical device parts including the following technologies: injection molding, aluminum extrusions, sheet metal fabrication, die casting and welding.
- Project Management experience in taking engineering drawings, building prototypes and successfully bringing the products into production
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation and personal time, paid holidays, and more
- Great, climate-controlled work environment
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , fax it to us at 724-352-8409 or mail to:
Human Resources Manager
Cygnus Manufacturing Company
491 Chantler Drive
Saxonburg, PA 16056
For more information about precision manufacturing careers at Cygnus Manufacturing Company, call 724-352-8000 or contact us.