Quality Assurance Technician
Cygnus Manufacturing Company (CMC) is a progressive, state-of-the-art contract manufacturer specializing in precision machining, sheet metal fabrication and electro-mechanical assembly. CMC offers services to companies in the following industries: aerospace, medical devices, instrumentation, energy, health & safety, and transportation. We are located in a suburb of Pittsburgh (Saxonburg, PA) and have an excellent opportunity for an aggressive, self-motivated individual.
Position Description for Quality Assurance Technician: Work with manufacturing groups to provide quality assurance services in support of achieving 100% quality production, continually improve manufacturing processes and assure customer satisfaction.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Complete first article and final audit inspections.
- Assist manufacturing with troubleshooting product quality problems.
- Assist in training of quality and manufacturing personnel in inspection procedures/methods when needed.
- Create, validate and save inspection procedures for quality and manufacturing, as well as other quality documents and records.
- Assist in audits of the group, processes, product or documentation.
- Assist in cause and corrective action investigation.
- Communicate with customers on quality issues.
- Generate deviation requests for nonconformance as needed.
- Initiate or participate in process improvement programs within the manufacturing group and the company.
- Assist or perform FMEAs, capability studies, GR&R studies when needed.
- Participate in Quality team meetings.
- Manage projects to ensure product quality requirements are developed.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Associates degree in Metrology, Engineering Technology or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a machining or fabrication environment working with measurement equipment.
- Strong ability to interpret blueprints and geometric tolerancing.
- Able to use inspection equipment and computer software related to position.
- Strong technical math and mechanical abilities; good technical writing and reading abilities.
- Able to work under stress and deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good organization skills.
- Able to analyze and problem-solve.
- Service attitude, commitment to quality.
- Able to work independently and with others at all levels; good communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and documentation.
- Knowledge of statistics and SPC.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and ISO13485 standards desired.
Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation and personal time, paid holidays, and more
Great, climate-controlled work environment
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to us at 724-352-8409 or mail to:
Human Resources Manager
Cygnus Manufacturing Company
491 Chantler Drive
Saxonburg, PA 16056