CMC is a full-service supplier of sheet metal fabrication, laser cutting, welding, tube bending and powder coating. We can move fast. Case in point: when a client needed our help to meet a deadline, their mass transit panels were being laser cut, fabricated, powder coated and prepared for shipment to a metropolitan transit authority in less than a week.
Custom Sheet Metal Fabrication: Cygnus Manufacturing Company provides complete custom sheet metal fabrication services to meet our customer's requirements and time schedules.
Powder Coating Services: CMC offers 2 lines of in house powder coating as a part of our precision metal fabrication services. We can meet very demanding requirements with the following services:
- 2 lines Batch type Painting with 2 ovens
- Sizes up to 9'W x 8'H x 15'L
- Iron phosphate etching and cleaning system
- Thickness and Adhesion testing
- One color or two tone
- Custom or standard Pantone color availability
- Masking capabilities
Welding: CMC provides precision welding services including:
- Spot Welding
- In-house Certified Weld Inspectors certified to AWS QC1
- Certified Welders to AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3, D1.6, D9.1
- Ferrous and non-ferrous material
- Oxy fuel capabilities
- Light to heavy gauge materials
- Structural Steel
Punching: Precision punching from CMC includes the latest technology in metal and sheet metal punching meeting very high tolerances with our Trumpf TruPunch 2020 20 ton automated punch press. Its capabilities include:
- 1500 hits per minute with:
- Forming capability
- Tapping capability
- Extrusion capability
- Embossing capability
- 360 degree rotational C axis (3 rotations per second)
Cold Rolled Steel: 1/4" Max thickness
Aluminum: 1/4" Max thickness
Stainless Steel: 1/4" Max thickness
Brass & Copper: 1/4" Max thickness
Automated and manual insert capabilities
Metal Forming: CMC has the latest technology in press brake equipment.
- Trumpf TruBend 5170 170 ton automated press brake
- Amada 80 ton press brake
- Tube bending
Laser Cutting: CMC provides precision laser cutting as a part of our overall laser cutting service and custom metal fabrication. Our state-of-the-art laser capabilities and technologies offer you a wide range of fabrication options.
- Mazak Flying Optic Laser Cutter which can achieve tolerances as close as .005".